We optimise your processes
The GUS Group has provided integrated ERP solutions for the process industry and logistics services for over 35 years. We are the process specialists in these target markets. In the GUS-OS Suite the GUS Group provides a holistic, integrated ERP system for the process industry (pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology, chemicals, cosmetics, food) and for logistics. With our track record of process expertise we are one of the leading industry experts and solution providers in this area.
Data & Facts
Since our company was founded in 1980 we have focussed consistently on processes as the main area of our activities. Worldwide over 240 employees work for GUS Group, including over 170 for the GUS Deutschland GmbH at locations in Cologne, Hamburg and Munich. Via companies in Switzerland and Denmark the GUS Group as a process specialist is an attractive partner for small and medium-sized enterprises in Central Europe.
With installations all over the world and a wealth of experience gained in several hundred business process optimisation projects we know exactly how to implement enterprise solutions. In our process-oriented GUS-OS Suite solution kit we provide a technological basis that – combined with the industry and process know-how of our consultants – leads to a company-specific ERP solution.
Focus on the Future
With our solution GUS-OS Digital Hub it is possible to integrate external data and processes from customers and suppliers all over the world. In this way, we provide a smart entry into digital transformation.
World Premiere of GUS-OS Digital Hub
GUS-OS Digital Hub integrated selected data and processes with machinery, mobile users, external IT-Systems or cloud-services.
Management Hand-Over Completed
Company founder Heinz-Paul Bonn leaves GUS Group. He transfers all responsibilities to Dirk Bingler, Ekkehard Ziesche and Jörg Paul Zimmer, henceforth managing-directors and shareholders.
Fit for the working world 4.0
With the new release GUS-OS Suite 6.0 our customers in the process industry and logistics will rise successfully the challenges of the digital working and production world.
On Course for Further Growth
To do justice to the growing demand arising from new customer projects and new software and service offerings the GUS Group is continuously increasing its workforce. Around of the world over 200 employees now work for the GUS Group..
GUS Nordic Founded
In setting up GUS Nordic, the GUS Group continues to back internationalization and adds a branch in Scandinavia to its geographical scope. The new partner is based in Maribo, Denmark.
30 Years of GUS
Balance sheet after 30 years: More than 150 firms have chosen the GUS-OS Suite.
New Software Family
The process-oriented GUS-OS solution kit is the third-generation ERP solution to be presented for the process industry and logistics.
GUS Group Familiy Grows
GUS Group and ERP expert Peter Imthurn and his competence team form a strategic partnership. With the foundation of GUS Switzerland the GUS Group is now represented in Central and Southern Europe too.
GUS becomes GUS Group
GUS mbH merges with GUS Group AG & Co KG, laying the groundwork – both organizational and human resources – for further growth.
Logistics Solution for Global Player Kraft Foods
Logistics Solution for Global Player Kraft Food
GUS implements a logistics solution at Power Logistics for Kraft Foods.
The GUS Group successfully undergoes its first quality audits.
Balance Sheet of First 10 Years
With around 50 customers in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food and logistics the GUS Group draws up a positive balance sheet after ten years in business.
A Flying Start with IBM
CHARISMA for the IBM AS/400 is released.
An ERP Solution of Our Own
GUS developes CHARgenorientiertes (Batch-Oriented) Information System for SME Users (CHARISMA).
Project Becomes Standard
The standard solutions ProPharm and VerPharm take shape.
Pilot Projects in Pharmaceuticals
GUS develops sales and production software for two drug companies.
Claiming to combine management consulting and software development in order to realize sustainable solutions for small and midrange business, GUS GmbH – Gesellschaft für Unternehmensberatung und Softwareentwicklung mbH – is founded and entered into the Cologne commercial register. Heinz-Paul Bonn is its CEO.
Innovation Prize 2015
The Initiative Mittelstand awarded GUS-OS Suite with the Initiative’s 2015 Innovation Prize in the ERP category. The jury attached special importance to the range of modules and the intuitive user interface of an enterprise solution that is optimized for quality-oriented process industry companies (in pharmaceuticals, food, chemicals, cosmetics, medical technology, and biotech) and for logistics enterprises > Certifikat
ERP of the Year
The award-winning GUS-OS Suite has been named ERP System of the Year several times since 2009. The highly respected competition has been held for eight years by the Center for Enterprise Research at the University of Potsdam and ERP Management magazine.
- 2014 Winner in the Logistics Service Provider Category
This time the GUS Group convinced the jury, chaired by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert Gronau, with its system, the GUS-OS Suite, in the Logistics Service Provider category. The GUS-OS Suite scored the highest number of points among all entrants for its benefits and functionalities.
- 2013 Winner in the Drugs/Chemicals/Food Category
The GUS-OS Suite had previously impressed the independent jury of management and personnel consultants, specialist journalists and university professors with its well-founded industry expertise in the Drugs/Chemicals/Food category.
- Gewinner in 2011 Winner in the Accounting Category
Together with our partner K+H Software KG we were able to make the running in a strong field of competitors in the Accounting category.
- 2009 Winner in the Process Industry Category
The GUS Group as a process specialist was awarded the title ERP System of the Year for the GUS-OS Suite in the Process Industry category. The criteria introductory methodology, customer benefit, technology, integration capability and support, ergonomics and qualification were all rated very positively by the jury.
1. We Deliver Quality that Delights.
- Our products are convincing by virtue of their function, comprehensibility, stability, technology, and user-friendliness.
- We present solution proposals that offer value added – for people and the company.
- Our concepts are understandable, soundly based, and implement customers’ requirements in a creative solution.
- We work transparently (documentation, concept, guidelines).
- We take our ongoing personal development forward too.
2. We Know our Customers.
- We provide what the customer needs.
- We know the industry.
- We prepare individually and well for meetings with customers.
- By means of targeted questions and active listening we identify from the outset with the customer’s challenges.
3. We Pursue Objectives Jointly with Our Customers.
- We develop with our customers a common understanding of their processes
- We lead our customers to an individual solution with the greatest possible degree of standardization.
- We take things forward with commitment on our customers’ behalf.
- We know and discuss openly what contribution everybody must make to achieve the objectives.
4. We Take the Initiative and Look for Solutions.
- We keep in touch with changes in the market environment and market conditions.
- We recognize opportunities and problems on the basis of our experience and current observations – and offer solutions.
- We inform you in good time, in full, and understandably about, say, GUS, the products, the project, industries, and markets.
- We request feedback regularly.
5. We Communicate Clearly, Definitively, and Honestly.
- We take all inquiries seriously and respond promptly, respectfully, and with a definitive statement.
- Expectations are formulated clearly and a common understanding of them is achieved
- The resulting tasks are planned, specified, and followed up.
- If objectives clash or compete, we enter into a frank and open dialog.
- We deal with criticism constructively.
6. We Support Each Other.
- By sharing knowledge we create synergy effects from which our customers benefit.
- We do our work so that our colleagues can make something of it.
- We strike the right balance between individual initiative toward the solution and requesting assistance in good time.
7. We Live What We Expect.
- Superiors have a special obligation to be a model of good conduct; we are all of us models for each other.
- We keep to deadlines, budgets, and undertakings.
- We treat each other respectfully always and everywhere.
Once a year the audit company DQS assesses our quality management system in a system advancement audit. It reviews our quality management system, document control, implementation of guidelines in practice, and our employees’ expertise in process description, specifications und guidelines.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
As a Gold Competence Partner in the Microsoft Partner Network the GUS Group is involved in many development projects. As a Launch Partner it support the new SQL Server 2012 with the GUS-OS Suite. In combination with Office 365, business intelligence and reporting functions were developed for decision-making support in controlling and management. On the basis of Windows 8 dashboard apps are planned as a management information system. With the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS), Sharepoint, Office 365, and CRM Online, the GUS Group is developing an integrated customer communication solution. As a Java-based solution the GUS-OS Suite will be provided under Azure in the cloud.
CrefoZert is a certificate for previously unbroken good business practices and a good forecast for the further course of business. At the Creditreform credit rating agency a certified company receives a rating entry that reflects its good payments records and positive forecasts.
Rating Certificate for GUS Switzerland
The Rating Certificate is the seal of business quality and stands for reliability and stability. Only two percent of Swiss companies fulfill the requirements for the Rating Certificate. This award confirms that GUS Switzerland is a trustworthy and attractive business partner with a stable company standing and very good payment behavior.
Mangagement of GUS
Jörg Paul Zimmer
Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Paul Zimmer began his career in 1996 as a development manager with Lucas Varity in Koblenz. In 1999 he joined Infor (previously Incodev GmbH, Softmatic AG, Datarat GmbH), working as a Senior Project Manager. In 2006 he switched to sales at Tectura Deutschland before four years as a director of Yaveon AG. In early 2013, GUS Deutschland GmbH approached Jörg Paul Zimmer to become managing director of their pharmaceutical and chemical client portfolio. Since 2016, he has taken responsibility for all new client accounts.
Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. Dirk Bingler began his career in 1997 at Siemens AG, holding IT management positions in Germany and the U.S. In 2003 he joined Samhammer AG in Weiden. As Vice President eBusiness he successfully built up the company’s cloud-based after-sales service suite business before switching to the GUS Group at the beginning of 2011. He is chair of the ERP Working Group at BITKOM, the Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media.
After studying business administration Ekkehard Ziesche held different jobs in sales and marketing, including in the system provider business. With the GUS Group since 2001, he built up the company’s Hamburg location. Since 2016, Ekkehard Ziesche has taken responsibility for all existing client accounts.
GUS cooperates with numerous partners in order to be able to offer practice‑oriented and high‑function solutions in all areas with a maximum of know‑how.